Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

High school reunion

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up next month.

I have known about it for months.

I was actually the person that initiated (and formed a committee for) the reunion planning process. That's right, I'm a member of the high school reunion committee.

Me. The girl who avoided this shit at all costs. I mean, I had my fill of school spirit with playing sports for the school year round (volleyball, basketball, softball, and track). I figured representing the school was enough. And, quite frankly, while some of my classmates and I were friends, most of my friends were in the classes that graduated before mine. My boyfriend (now husband) didn't go there and I was counting down the minutes until I would leave. The seconds, even.

So it's a little bit weird for me to be a member of the reunion planing committee now. You know, since I was never one of those people while actually in high school.

But that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is to tell you a dirty little secret I have.

And that secret is that while I was all gung-ho-reunion back in January, I'm losing interest in actually attending now. I am still putting as much effort into planning it for my classmates as before, I just really don't want to be on the guest list.

I mean, what's the point of a reunion? To reconnect with people that you haven't seen since graduating.

Well, I've pretty much reconnected with everyone via MySpace or Facebook that I wanted to see. Plus, as I mentioned before, most of my friends were older than I was so they won't be at the reunion. So really, I've already accomplished everything I wanted to and it's not even reunion time yet.

Ugh. In the end, I'll go. I know I will.

If anything to support the other reunion committee members. But deep down, I really don't want to go right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment